Beverage mixing equipment
Beverage Mixing and Blending has become more complicated with the advent of more complex formulations for drinkable products such as sports drinks, protein smoothies, energy drinks, nutraceuticals, organic health beverages, new sodas and new artificial sweeteners. The demands of these products often cause problems with increased mixing times or the need for multiple pre-mix stages. Here are a few of the problems associated with blending and mixing these beverages;
- Long mix time requiring substantially high capital investment
- Multiple-stage pre-mixing which drive up costs for operating and labor.
- Incomplete dissolution which can cause solid lumps, fisheyes, and agglomerates which need to be filtered.
- Using high cost liquids due to the inability to process powdered ingredients.
- Difficult to clean equipment for long and costly product changes.
Proper mixing can reduce solids addition time and total mix time for a batch. Here are also many agitation technologies that can be used for the optimal mixing, while also assuring easy to clean and CIP mixtanks.
- High Shear Mixing– for rapidly adding solids, creating dispersions and making emulsions
- Top Entry Agitators – size appropriately for proper mixing, and cleanability
- Multi Motion Mixers – often times complex mixtures require multishaft agitation to achieve the proper results, especially viscous blends
- CIP mixtank cleaning– always consider this with any mixer and tank design
- Tank design– either poly or stainless tanks can be used for mixing, and all aspects of vessel design should be considered for best mixing and cleanability
By fast mix times, and reducing lumps and fish eyes you can improve your blends, and hopefully improve profitability. Properly designed sanitary mixers and blenders will also save money on cleaning time, CIP costs, and production line down-time between batches.
Please contact us to discuss your beverage mixing needs with our Blending and high shear mixing experts.
For Bioprocess Engineers
WMP has been providing “mixing solutions” to industry professionals for more than two decades.
1 Liter – 10,000 Gallon Mix Tank Sizes Available
Stainless – Poly PE – PP, PVDF, PTFE, Titanium, Hastelloy C, & More
Mixers and agitators
We offer a large assortment of agitator, motor, and mount types – contact us today to request a quote.
- Autoclave and Carboy Style Mixers
- Sanitary Mixers for Aseptic Mixing Applications
- Industrial Top Entry Mixers
- Bottom Entry Mixers
- Side Entry Mixers
- Lab Mixers
- GMP and High Purity Agitators
- Corrosion Resistant Mixers and Mixtanks
- High Viscosity Mixers
- High Shear Mixers
We can spec your process equipment with many agitator options – propeller, impeller, & more
Industrial Mixing Equipment
Built to Your Specs
Discover the benefits of world-class engineering and our White Mountain Peak-performance Team. We’re committed to making your job easier. Ask about our proprietary squeal-less dry-running mechanical seal for controlled-humidity environments. It’s blissfully quiet in performance!